Bee's Hive

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Fabric Surprise

A long time ago I saw a quilt in the Martha Stewart Magazine. I think it belonged to her editor and was made by the grandmother. They were demonstrating how to repair an old quilt.

I fell in love with the quilt of course and set out to find out how many postage stamp blocks and fabric I would need to made this quilt. I drew up the pattern and gathered fabric from old aprons and I was off to a good start. It wasn't long before I realized I would need many, many more different colors and designs to get what I really wanted.


The project soon came to a halt and was put aside. Ali, a friend on the HGTV message board offered and sent me a pile of wonder fabrics today. This has renewed my interest in the quilt and I'm off again on the hunt for more designs. I was able to pick some fabric up at a yard sale this past weekend and will be going to another one on Saturday.

I think what I like most about this quilt is the many colors and fabric's, when put together with white, tone the brights down make everything blend so well.














No comments: