Bee's Hive

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I've been holding off posting to see if we got a house...WE DID!  But first lets back up to the Boeing Family Day. We were not allowed to take photo's but I grabbed a few off the boeing site of their new plane that Dave is working on...The Dreamliner.  Family day was fun..hot dogs and lots of planes to see, gifts and even the Boeing Traveling Store was on site to make purchases. The kids had those bubble houses to jump around in and a Giant Slide.


















My new meds are working pretty good. Over the past year while the other meds were shutting down I did get some damage and it's not reverseable..so I'll live with it. I'm glad to have any relief!

We have seen so many houses, all in the right area but some too small, only one car garage, and so on. We did find one that although it's a little smaller then we wanted, it has a wonderful covered patio and lots of windows and a fireplace. This morning we got the call that we got it so we'll soon be moving...Yeah! Lot of work ahead. We have a full trailer of items to go to goodwill first of all. All the TV's with the glass screens that weigh a ton are on their way out...we got new flat screen TV's and I'll be getting new living room furniture.  The kitchen is painted burnt orange!  Guess I'll be sewing a lot of new kitchen items since mine are all red...what a clash that would be!





Next is the Willie Nelson gig on November 16th. Lots more packing and unfortunately, we'll have to put the dog down before we move...unless he expires on his own before then. I think he must have cancer of the stomach...he's just been so sick and Dave is having a hard time making the discision. I think he's hoping it will just happen so he doesn't have too.

I did a little on line shopping. I bought a new Bunn professional coffee maker and a Rowenta iron. Both my currant bunn and rowenta owe me nothing. I've had them both at least 8 years. Time to replace them before one morning I find us with no coffee or no ironed shirt for Dave! Moving and shopping is hard since Dave is working 12 hour days, 12 days in a row. So, I'll post as things move on over the next month. We do have 3 bedrooms so that'll give me a sewing room! We also have a formal dining room. Don't know what we'll do with that since we no longer are very "formal"!


 




5 comments:

Shawkl said...

Woot! Woot! I'm just jumping up and down right now! This is great news!! And...that dining room would be a great place for an office...two desks...back to back with your computers...and perhaps a futon or pull-out love seat...hint, hint! Oh, I'm so happy for you! MAJOR HUGS!! Yippee!!
Kathy

tisme said...

oh yeAH!!! I am so glad you found a house!
I am more glad that you are getting some relief with your new meds!
I am seeing some color changes for your kitchen for sure!! lol
No more red.

Rita said...

Fantastic! So happy for you. It took a while but it seems things are better all at once. And the meds. Oh so thankful for them.

Sherry said...

I check every day to see if you've posted. It's about time you got positive happenings at your place!

I was gonna suggest turning the dining room into an office. Or the 3rd bedroom into an office and the dining room into your sewing/quilting room.

BURNT ORANGE?! How...how...70s!!! LOL If it wasn't avocado green or harvest gold...it was burnt orange. Where's the shag carpet? snicker I'm sorry.

Don't forget Kathy's futon!!

elsie123 said...

Yea! Hope the move is soon and smooth. And I'm so glad the meds are giving relief.