Bee's Hive

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fabric Shopping

I haven't been out all winter to do anything fun. Shopping on the internet is great. Without it, I wouldn't survive.
It was a nice 32 degree's today. NO SNOW for the first day in months! It's still piled up all around, but the sun did peek out for a few hours today inspite of the snow getting ready to return tomorrow.

I'm still a little weak from last weeks illness, but just say "shopping" to a woman and she manages to pull herself together. We only have one little strip Mall. The Joann's never has anything that the flyer advertises because it's just too small. It didn't matter today.

I remembered seeing children's cotton knit jersey at one time so that's what I set out to buy to make Chemo hats for little H. I think it's going to be perfect for the Florida weather, instead of fleece. I am using the Martha Stewart pattern.


These are such pretty spring colors:


After one store I was exhausted, so sewing the hats will come tomorrow.

Waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home was my order of fabric for making some mini quilts for swaps I just signed up for. Doesn't look like any of these go together, does it? Well all of these fabric's will end up in 2 little quilts! It will make sense when I can post the quilts.

Really bright!




No comments: