Bee's Hive

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Checking in

Dave is on his second week of work. First week was training on what employee's need to know. The next 5 weeks will be training and certification. He can't tell me too much about his job but he does share the neat things.

According to him, the lunchroom has fabulous food at great prices. The Boeing compound is huge so to get around they have 3 wheel bikes with large baskets or for those who don't want to do the work themself, they have golf carts all over the place.

Anything that comes in video learning is done in the movie room where they also have an old fashioned popcorn machine..the kind on wheels with the handle the vender would push it around with. How cool is that!

All the newbies are on second shift for the training. That I was glad for since the Rheumatoid Arthritis decided to freeze my hands, shoulders and ankles. I was very happy when Dave left at 2:pm and I could just crawl back in bed and not have to push to look cheerful when the pain was taking every breath away.

Sunday I did manage to make a trip to a thrift store while Dave headed to the mall to buy slacks. I got a book for my trip to Pittsburgh in a few weeks and if I don't lock it away in my suitcase, I'll have it read.  I also found a few new packs of small projects for the fall and winter.

That's about it for today. I was on my way to get some ice packs for my wrists and decided I needed to check in...so it's back to bed, without the book this time!

















Oh, and the move...seems there are 60 new employee's who are also looking for a place to live. Right now they are on short leases or renting rooms. One fellow from Austin rented a house but he's sleeping on the floor until his wife arrives with the furniture at the end of the month. Some of the fellows are from the space center in Florida. Seems like Dave is the only one who lives in San Antonio. As soon as things settle down, Dave is going to talk to the company resource person as this seems to be the place all the other fellows are getting their housing info from. I just hope I get a lot better in a hurry or he'll be on his own to pack up the rest of the house. I can't let that happen. Moving is one of the hardest jobs in life.

3 comments:

Rita said...

Holee,
I'm so sorry to hear about your ankles, shoulders and hands freezing up. I think there is medication but....have no idea of side affects etc. Besides I know you'd like to pack things yourself while Dave is sleeping or at work. I hope you find the best place to live. One that really makes you smile.

Shawkl said...

So glad to see you posting. And, so very, very glad to here about Dave's on-the-job activities! Wish so much that I have a vehicle and could come for another visit...I miss ya'll!
Kathy

Sherry said...

Every time I read about Dave's job I am excited all over again for y'all! I am a strong believer in praying for MY job...not just A job...which is why I am where I am now! :D

Praying for good days for you soon so that you can work on your packing.