The Pick up truck needed a new top. After pricing them at $300. we decided to try and make one ourselves. With an old sewing machine, singer heavy duty needle, Coats & Clark UV thread and snaps from my sons days of building Amish buggies we got to work. It has a little wiggle room and if it doesn't shrink up I can make it tighter. The feeling is the industrial vinyl fabric will shrink and harden in the sun.
The old cover had shrunk & the cornors would no longer go over the frame
The vinyl had also split and the bows could no longer be used
The frame was still in great shape
We used a nylon strapping on the edge to hold the snaps and keep the shape
The white mark is for the snap
A nifty tool to make the holes
This was a great mother/son project!