Bee's Hive

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's not Christmas, but....

I've been busy putting together some doll house furniture that was given to me by bluesnail. So many pieces, but it's together and ready to be finished later when the color scheme for the house comes together.


While I was sanding the pieces the mail came with another wonderful surprise. This one came from Russia from our HGTV friend, Roolen. The fabric's are heavy woven and the lace is just so delicate. Her needle work is super. It's impossible to see it in this photo, but the needle case is too wonderful. She also sent a post card that will hang in the sewing room.

I know it's not Christmas, but I have a million excuses why I couldn't wait. It was 7 degree's this morning, this house depresses me, and then there is this house...what can I say. So I did treat myself to opening a few of the gifts Kathy sent to me.

Hmm, looks like we have a theme going! The furniture matches the pieces I just put together! The metal crib is for the teeny tiny baby and on the small dresser is a plastic bag holding the bottle and binky...so, so tiny. I wasn't planning on a baby..but I guess we now have a single mom!


Next I opened two boxes filled with wonderful things for crazy quilting! Appliques, beads, thread, buttons..lots of shiney things! I was going to stop here but still feeling a little sad about living in this house, I went for a few more...


OOOhhh socks, just what I can use in this old house! Last week Talia & Donna were visiting Kathy. They spent a lot of the time working on beading. A girl can never have too many bangles and danglies. This is done in green, perfect for Christmas or any other time... just why I put them on with my jammies!
Great Surprises Kathy! I must say it's very hard to walk away from my little tree which still has gifts under it, but I will take the teeny baby out of her wrapping and see if I can come up with a plan for the furniture/house.
Stay tuned...more to come!



2 comments:

Donna said...

Congratulations on the new baby. Now, Kathy might shoot me for this but I say if you get feeling depressed.... open, open, open!!!
The little furniture is so cute. I know you'll have fun decorating your doll house with all the new things.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!!

Shawkl said...

A single mom! Hey, so what's wrong with that...how about a single grandma too! The baby was just too cute to pass on...and I thought the hospital bed might be dressed up with lace and ribbon to turn it into a bassinet or something.

I was going to crochet a different coverlet for that bed, but then didn't know if you might prefer a quilt instead. If you decide, "gift" it back to me and I'll do either (heck or both) if you want. Just let me know the color...or it will be white. :)

Can't wait till you open the big box!! Hope you have a warm Christmas...try two pairs of socks! Love ya kiddo!