Bee's Hive

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Alive and fighting the fight!

Oh my, life is so joyous and while living it for the past 70 years, I forgot many times to enjoy it and look past myself.

It's funny how people view death. I have some really nice clothing. I told my friend, who is the same size, where to find my summer clothing and where I'd put my winter clothing so she would know where to find them when I'm gone....OH, I can't do that she said. Tears came to her eyes and she continued to protest against taking and wearing my things.  Okay I said, then when you walk past some stranger in Wal mart who is wearing my Bob Mackie jacket, you won't feel bad or have the memory of the day I bought it and we both gasped at the price?  She continued to stumble through some mild protests and then said she won't let that happen. You're right, I would be very sick to see anyone wearing your clothing who didn't love you.  Made me laugh!

Then there is the Spanish driver who takes me to my doctor appointments. He calls me Mom and when I lost my hair he pointed out to all the nurses how much we looked like twins...mother and son with his own bald head. I don't have to do any crying because Rafael does it all for me. He takes care of me like I was a baby so my own son never has to worry about me when I'm with Rafael.

These people who are so important to me were always here but I forgot to stop and look at them and enjoy them.

I've been fighting the fight with these quilts! Finally today I have both of them layered and ready for quilting.  Well one of them has a lot of embroidery to go through first but at least I am no longer ripping stitches from the top section! Everything is a mess right now but soon I should have something to post.

We are working on the train platform. I am turning it into a German Christmas Market. That means lots of plaster and an imagination as I go along. We had to expand the size so the Merry go round and Ferris Wheel  would fit along with the houses and the market stands. Fun, Fun...and Fun  Of course the living room sofa is almost sitting in the kitchen!

I'm going to try for photo's by next weekend but that might not happen. I'm having a dozen relatives for Thanksgiving dinner and a sleep-over. It's also my grandson's birthday. So in between the quilts and trains I'll be cooking ahead so it's not so hard on Thanksgiving.



This is a German Christmas Market.




 

3 comments:

Shawkl said...

Sounds like you are having great fun with that train set this year. The idea of a German market is so magical...and a great way to use up some of those CQ baubles too! Thank goodness for hot glue guns...anything can get a little bling! Wish I had a basket full of nut-crackers and I'd send them off to you. Glad to hear you are doing as well as can be expected...keep fighting the good fight! Hugs...

O'Quilts said...

You are the best....living your life and making a German market...lol
Hugs to you...You have helped me so much in my journey..and my sad story.xxoo

Rita said...

As I have always said you are an artist! Others do not see through your eyes. Are not nearly as creative. I am amazed at what you can do. God has blessed you with so much creativity. Many of us cannot decide to do these things and put them together. We do not see what you see in order to put them together. I can so much more plain things and enjoy them. How happy you make people with all of your ideas and follow through. Hugs ~ Rita