Bee's Hive

Thursday, April 17, 2014

It turned into an Art Project

Wow, I've I haven't posted for 2 weeks. My RA took a down turn and of course the weather isn't helping. My Easter bonnet might be ear muffs this year as we are in a freeze right now.

I'm getting tired of looking at this project so lets hope I stay standing till the finish. It just seemed so "chunky" with the large fall fruits/veggies, too chunky for the light embroidery thread so I pulled it all out. I've been collecting heavy thread for some time now. I had no idea what I would use it for but the color range was too pretty to pass up. I pulled it all out and used it on this project that is now an art quilt instead of a quilted table runner.

Don't worry about the wrinkles. This will not be a traditional bound edge. Today I hope to work on the quilting of the center. This is one of those projects that you decide the next step as you go along.

Now I have a pile of unused birds and fruits that'll have to end up in something. I started with a Halloween theme in mind but as I went along it looked more like a Thanksgiving theme. The crows will have to fly onto another pumpkin! 


Rhonda said...

I love your project. You are so talented....a real artist!!!

tisme said...

Looking very nice Bea, hopefully this weather will get better!