Bee's Hive

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Not much progress

Every weekend since mid December it has either snowed, iced or rained. Progress in moving in is pretty much at a stand sill right now. The wall of boxes have been opened and things staying in the apt. have been removed. The rest of the boxes have to go to storage when the snow stops. There are so many things missing. That tells us that we'll find them in one of the storage units.

With a lot of shifting around I was able to get the dining table set up but we don't have any of the chairs. I needed to have space to do some sewing. I still haven't opened the new machine yet. I hope this weekend my son can hook up the DVD player so I can watch the directions on using the machine.

For now I'll leave you with something pretty. Among all the mess my Amaryllis decided to grow and bloom.

                                                                                               
They are all different sizes. One has no leaves but 2 blooms and one grew over 3 feet tall! I can't wait for them to open.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

2 comments:

Shawkl said...

We had these in Germany, and I loved them too. Your tall one is huge, I have never seen one that tall before. It will be glorious when in full bloom! Stay warm, the boxes will still be there when it warms up.
Hugs,
Kathy

Barbara said...

Hang in there...the blooming Amaryllis flowers are a good omen!