Bee's Hive

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Shabby Houses

It was chilly in Texas today after the huge storm we had. I watched a movie and then looked for something to do.

 I have been printing out a shabby house block of the month. I'm trying to get away from making large bed size quilts now. I still have one to layer and quilt and that's enough for right now. I recently bought a cotton flannel sheet blanket for the warmer summer weather. I thought I'd make a foot blanket to dress the bed up and some pillow cases and shams.

In my scraps bin I had one piece of Kona white. This will be the center of the foot blanket. It's needle turn applique and embroidery. I don't have my tiny iron or applique glue to work with so I did a lot of pinning today. I did find my case of silk thread. So here is my start. I'll be adding some kind of blocks. Maybe pin wheels or stars or log cabin.

1 comment:

Shawkl said...

Your houses are gonna be sweet. I gave up on mine after February as I did not want to work on a "calendar" style quilt. But, the houses are cute...so maybe one day, I'll just rework them into something I will enjoy working on.
Kathy