Bee's Hive

Thursday, July 23, 2015

I made it!

Well with all the negative things being done and said lately I wasn't sure if I'd make my 70th birthday...July 21, but I did!  We had corn dogs on sticks and 3 dip banana splits!  We also had a Cheese Cake Birthday Cake from Pellman, my favorite cake made right here in Lancaster.



Great Birthday...huge gift card to Joann's so I can finish up some of these quilts I have tops made for and an offer for dinner at the Olive Garden any time I feel like I can go. Also meeting the youngest son in Pittsburgh next week for dinner out.

All in all it's been pretty good. They changed all the heart medicines and I'm feeling much better. It's awful what the wrong medicine can do to you!  We also decided I won't be doing anymore Chemo since it wiped out my bone marrow...no sense in making my self sicker or facing early death.  I just wish I had my hair back!  But the hat Debbie sent to me has served many outfits. I changed the blue, added butterflies or flowers, turned the brim up and down and wore it with hair too!  The hats are too funny. I'll have to take a picture of them.  Soon I should have a photo of the wool quilt. I finally finished tying it.

2 comments:

Rita said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Bea.

The JoAnn's gift card will be wonderful. You can buy a lot of fabric with that. It is so good to know they have changed your medication and that you feel much better. Wishing you happier days ahead. Rita

Rhonda said...

Happy belated birthday to you my friend, & what a wonderful card to JoAnn's!! From your Texas friend Rhonda.