Bee's Hive

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Oh joy, a diet

Today I start the Pet Scan diet. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I was a meat and fish eater, but I'm not so this is really a limited diet.

Since eggs are the biggest thing on the list of eatables I see a lot of Omelette's being eaten over the next few days.  Salad greens are allowed but I just can't see myself eating a wedge of lettuce with nothing on it so I've removed greens from the short list. I can have chicken or beef stock, tea & coffee with non dairy creamer.



It all looks good, nice and fresh and ready for the steamer but I'm just not sure how to make a meal out of it.

Tomorrow I have to be in Philly to meet with the Oncologist. Of course it's going to snow to make the trip hard and the appt. isn't until 3:00 so the roads will be bad coming home.   This could be a motel night.  

4 comments:

Rita said...

If it is ok to use spices maybe Mrs. Dash would be good on steamed vegetables? Have a safe trip tomorrow.

Shawkl said...

Does not look very appetizing...but thankfully it is only for a short amount of time.

Waiting to hear about the results...keeping my fingers crossed! So glad that the lung news was better than expected!

Cold as heck here too...not the same as where you are...but I've hung quilts over my north facing windows and double door. Y'all be extra careful driving in the mess!

Hugs!

O'Quilts said...

hI Bea...How are things going? Sorry I have not been in touch..I have been overwhelmed and hysterical:) ha..sounds good..let us know about visits and food and all that goes with this next journey
Diane

Unknown said...

Hi Bea, this is my first time at your blog. I saw your link on another blog. First off, let me just say, I believe your lung cancer is very treatable. Cancer today is sometimes more a chronic disease, in many cases. My husband was diagnosed 3 1/2 years ago with Renal cell which had metastisized to his lung. Last year he had another metastisis. But he is taking oral treatment, and doing well. I am amazed at how many treatments there are for everything that pops up. So, even though he goes for scans and visits a lot, we are enjoying life and thinking positively. Best wishes to you, and I will be checking in to see how you are doing.

Susan Joyce