Bee's Hive

Saturday, November 22, 2014

It's done! Thirty thousand regular people did it!

No help came from any of the "Stars"...but little people pulled it off with donations of $5.00 and up!


Thank you!! You did it. $1.8M raised at GoFundMe to help urgently stop Sanfilippo Syndrome. Over $2M raised in less than a year as a Foundation. Incredible.


Makes me feel so good seeing this happen. Research is so important and for these orphan diseases there is little money to find a cure. Go Eliza!  We'll are be watching the trial and praying for the cure to happen for all children.

Well I'm almost 70. I don't think this is a good age to be facing serous surgery but I held out as long as possible and now I have no choice but to have the hip replaced. Seems I've cracked the large bone in the leg and the hip too which only makes the surgery harder. So holding out didn't do me any favors in the end.

The house is clean from top to bottom. There is still much to do for now it'll just have to wait. Instead of getting up set over the many boxes sitting in the basement, the lack of living room furniture and my sewing room only half unpacked I'm just going to enjoy the holidays, food, decorations and tell myself I have spring to do everything else.

I forgot to turn on the Merry go Round music but here are our trains;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_lHEtA-cSw

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Hi Bea. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. So happy you are getting settled in your home and I'm praying for a seamless recovery when you have your surgery.
Take care my friend!!!